*UPDATE 2* Look who walked in my door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*UPDATE*
please excuse the spacing!!!!! It just has to be the way it is :) I'll still be sitting here when John walks in the door if i'm not careful...bless my soul!!!!!
Good Friday to all of you! I know its been forever since i have even attempted to get something new on here but.... i have been thinking about it alot...so that has to count :) This post really has been a 2 week process!!
Sunday November 30th was a very dreaded day in the Parrish house! My sweet John would be leaving for 2 weeks... *gasp*! The night he told me that he would be having to go, was about 2 weeks before he would have to leave and even then i was a mess!! But, early on i decided that i wasn't going to be a mess before he left or while he was gone... i didn't know how but, i just couldn't! I have a really bad habit of dreading something before its "something"!
So, of course i immediately had a stroke about not having a Christmas tree!! But, my sweet John had already decided to take Wednesday off before Thanksgiving and had a whole decorating day planned with me... adorable!!!!
So, Wednesday we got up, had pancakes :) and got ready to find the perfect Parrish tree!! We had already decided that although last year was *tons* of fun going to the mountains, walking in knee deep snow, and coming home with the worst looking Christmas tree i had ever layed eyes on...well we decided Home Depot would have the tree this year...and they did, Sweet thang is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday was filled with, freezing cold weather, totes of Christmas decor everywhere, a handsome hubby hanging lights on the house, a warm house filled with Carols, a perfect Christmas tree in the corner, a new tree skirt, my favorite ornaments, and giving great praise to my Lord for providing me this very special day!! AMEN!





The Long weekend was wonderful, including Thanksgiving! We had a really fun day giving thanks that we had such precious people to celebrate with. God has been so good to us!
Well the dreading day came and yet in my heart i was prepared, i was ready, and the sooner we say good bye the sooner we'd say hello :) So, Sunday morning i waved my sweet John off and say out loud "Here it is Lord"!!!!! I teared for a second but, i knew that somehow, someway HE would sustain me... and He would calm the waters of my troubled soul...
And today nearly 14 days later i have not just merley made it.... i have ACCOMPLISHED something huge... and i am not afraid to tell you how proud i am! But, I'm also not quiet about who i give my *praise* too!! My God has been my solid peace the entire time! A few weeks before John left i just began praying that the Lord would begin to prepare my heart and that my trust would begin now! Although it was really hard to be in Great Falls alone, i have this new sense of peace, and confidence that i could do it again if i had too (and i will!) Not because anything i did but, everything the Lord did!
I know to some of you this is not a *huge* deal! But, you see i have always had this fear of being alone... i hate it! I'm 23 years old i know... but that's just me!! So, having him gone was hugely out of my comfort zone!! But, every night i went to bed and knew that i was safe, every door was locked and i was perfectly OK! And that above all the Lord was totally taking care of me!
Every morning i would get up excited that i had made it :) and for the record i slept with every single blasted light OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 nights later, I'm a changed person! I feel like i needed these weeks to find out on my own that in all times and in all things the One, True, Holy, King of Kings that I serve....He is so worthy!!! And in all times and in all things He is worth trusting!
He has allowed me to accomplish something i didn't think i could do, and i couldn't have without Him! And most of all... all the things i dreaded most have now become the sweetest part of me!!
And to TOP IT OFF!!!! The Lord has give me the best gift... John is coming home a day early!!! Praise His name!!!! He will be walking in the door today! I am beside myself!
I told my mom that i think this was God's way of saying to me "I'm proud of you"! Because He knows He took on a big task these 12 days...and glory to His name we have found VICTORY!!!
Believe Him today!!!!!
All my love!!!!

please excuse the spacing!!!!! It just has to be the way it is :) I'll still be sitting here when John walks in the door if i'm not careful...bless my soul!!!!!
Good Friday to all of you! I know its been forever since i have even attempted to get something new on here but.... i have been thinking about it alot...so that has to count :) This post really has been a 2 week process!!
Sunday November 30th was a very dreaded day in the Parrish house! My sweet John would be leaving for 2 weeks... *gasp*! The night he told me that he would be having to go, was about 2 weeks before he would have to leave and even then i was a mess!! But, early on i decided that i wasn't going to be a mess before he left or while he was gone... i didn't know how but, i just couldn't! I have a really bad habit of dreading something before its "something"!
So, of course i immediately had a stroke about not having a Christmas tree!! But, my sweet John had already decided to take Wednesday off before Thanksgiving and had a whole decorating day planned with me... adorable!!!!
So, Wednesday we got up, had pancakes :) and got ready to find the perfect Parrish tree!! We had already decided that although last year was *tons* of fun going to the mountains, walking in knee deep snow, and coming home with the worst looking Christmas tree i had ever layed eyes on...well we decided Home Depot would have the tree this year...and they did, Sweet thang is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday was filled with, freezing cold weather, totes of Christmas decor everywhere, a handsome hubby hanging lights on the house, a warm house filled with Carols, a perfect Christmas tree in the corner, a new tree skirt, my favorite ornaments, and giving great praise to my Lord for providing me this very special day!! AMEN!
Well the dreading day came and yet in my heart i was prepared, i was ready, and the sooner we say good bye the sooner we'd say hello :) So, Sunday morning i waved my sweet John off and say out loud "Here it is Lord"!!!!! I teared for a second but, i knew that somehow, someway HE would sustain me... and He would calm the waters of my troubled soul...
And today nearly 14 days later i have not just merley made it.... i have ACCOMPLISHED something huge... and i am not afraid to tell you how proud i am! But, I'm also not quiet about who i give my *praise* too!! My God has been my solid peace the entire time! A few weeks before John left i just began praying that the Lord would begin to prepare my heart and that my trust would begin now! Although it was really hard to be in Great Falls alone, i have this new sense of peace, and confidence that i could do it again if i had too (and i will!) Not because anything i did but, everything the Lord did!
I know to some of you this is not a *huge* deal! But, you see i have always had this fear of being alone... i hate it! I'm 23 years old i know... but that's just me!! So, having him gone was hugely out of my comfort zone!! But, every night i went to bed and knew that i was safe, every door was locked and i was perfectly OK! And that above all the Lord was totally taking care of me!
Every morning i would get up excited that i had made it :) and for the record i slept with every single blasted light OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 nights later, I'm a changed person! I feel like i needed these weeks to find out on my own that in all times and in all things the One, True, Holy, King of Kings that I serve....He is so worthy!!! And in all times and in all things He is worth trusting!
He has allowed me to accomplish something i didn't think i could do, and i couldn't have without Him! And most of all... all the things i dreaded most have now become the sweetest part of me!!
And to TOP IT OFF!!!! The Lord has give me the best gift... John is coming home a day early!!! Praise His name!!!! He will be walking in the door today! I am beside myself!
I told my mom that i think this was God's way of saying to me "I'm proud of you"! Because He knows He took on a big task these 12 days...and glory to His name we have found VICTORY!!!
Believe Him today!!!!!
All my love!!!!


4 comments:
WOW...I love that post! I think I had tears several times throughout the reading! Love you and I feel closer to you hearing your sweet words! I do love my JO! I am so proud of you and cant believe that you made it and that you are truly ok!!! The Lord has and will bless your faithfullness! Love you bunches! Have fun with your sweet hubby tonight~ ;)
Yay! He's HOME! :)
I am so proud of you my dear. I just KNEW you could do it, even without Linds coming to Montana to spend the night with you for 2 weeks! I am just pleased as punch.
See you ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW :)
xoxo
p.s. love the new layout ;)
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
However, how is it that we did not talk ONCE that whole 2 weeks. What am I gonna have to do to get a sister to call me?!!! :)
LOVE YOU!!! ONE WEEK!!!
P.S. Maybe next time your sweet hubby leaves, the Lord will bless me with a cheap air ticket so we can spend some quality Montana time together! :)
YAY! for posting! So glad that John is home with you now - and soon you'll be in TX! Love you and LOVE your Christmas decorations day! :)
Post a Comment