Monday, January 25, 2010

Surprise!

Saturday night Joanna called me in a frenzy because the cute, new blog template she was trying to upload was just not working with her. Apparently I can fix all things blogger so I was her lifeline of choice and out of desperation, and because we're BFF's, she sent me her login information so that I could try and fix it when I got home.

I woke up this morning and realized that I had yet to login and figure out her blogging woes. I've played and played around with the template, but unfortunately, I'm afraid there is nothing I can do. I tried a few other templates using that certain host, and they all worked fine, so the problem is obviously with the template, not the up-loader. Ha! I did, however, upload a very similar background and if she doesn't like it, I'll have no hurt feelings if she changes it. We just couldn't deal with a plain white background any longer. That's just depressing.

Fortunately, however, since I was already logged into her account, I decided to hack in and write a post about her. We all know it's been a sweet forever since she's blogged, so I am hoping this will inspire her to get in the routine again. BFF's can do that. Really, it's all out of selfish ambition because I just miss when she doesn't blog. Plus, she's at school right now so there is nothing she can do to stop me. Smile.

1) Joanna is a strong person! When she married John almost 3 years ago (I can't believe it's been almost 3 years!) I remember standing in the YMCA (Shout out to Day Camp!) parking lot and her telling me they were moving to Montana. I don't think either of us believed it at the moment, but homegirl was just in shock. Obviously she had no choice and was willing to go with her husband anywhere, but to move a girl who's lived in Texas her entire life out of Texas is just well, shocking. However, as different as it has been for her and as hard and cold it can be, she has not only survived up there, but continues to embrace it a love her new lifestyle! She's made some sweet friends and been a light of Jesus to those around her. She's been challenged in her fears of "staying home alone" and the Lord has been so sweet to her during those times and sustained her, only to make her stronger. She's become quite the camper. She's lived through cold, cold winters. I can speak for everyone that we've missed her more than anything and can't wait for her to move closer, but it's been neat to see how the Lord has grown her!

2) Joanna is beautiful inside and out. Need I really say more? We all know she's drop dead gorgeous, but her heart is pure gold. She is one of the sweetest, most compassionate girls you will ever meet. People are naturally drawn to her and that comes as no surprise.

3) Joanna is an encourager! I don't think I've ever known anyone that encourages like this girl does. It's a gift and a mighty one at that. It never fails that if we get off the phone and she knows I'm struggling, she'll text me exactly what I need to hear. Or she'll send a card. Or an email. She knows exactly what to say and when to say it. And for that gift alone, this BFF is extremely thankful.

4) Joanna is a prayer warrior! If there is something that needs praying over, you can bet your bottom dollar she'll be on her knees for whatever situation. It can be the most mundane thing or the most serious thing, but she's all over it! And not only that, she also follows up.

5) Joanna is a faithful wife, daughter, friend,sister and student. She is so very committed to her family that it's not even funny! And it's the same with her friends. She desires the absolute best for everybody, and then believes whole heartily that they will get the best. She loves with an unconditional love and makes you feel like the most important person on the earth! Not only that, she commits to what she is going to do, does it with excellence and finishes strong.

6) Joanna is going to be the best teacher! If I had kids I would move anywhere just to them in Mrs. Parrish's classroom. I can't wait to see where the Lord takes her in her teaching career and what kind of fun teacher she'll be. I know the Lord has prepared her heart for just this and it's exciting to watch it all pan out. The little boys are going to have such a crush on their cute, young, beautiful, funny teacher!

There are so many more things I could say about my sweet, sweet friend. Since our junior year of high school I've been bragging about my dear friend. The Lord brought her into my life at the perfect time and ever since then, I've been extremely thankful to the Lord for allowing us to become fast friends. It feels like we've known each other our entire lives and I know that Jen and Sal would say the same thing.

I love you dearly, my sweet BFF! I hope that this Monday you are encouraged. Know that you are dearly loved by so many!

Love,
Lindsee

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Love you Jo! I completely agree Lindsee!

Rusty and Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!

And after reading Lindsee's sweet tribute to you, I am even more excited to have such an amazing woman supporting me and going to the throne on my behalf!

Medlock Adventures! said...

Jo you are such a blessing! Thank you for being you!

Jenny said...

I agree with everything on this post... especially now that I'm crying. I miss my JO!!!

and i think your template looks magnifique!!

Lindsee Lou said...

Sweet mercy! It's time for you to BLOG!