" So here's what i want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life- your sleeping, eating, going to work, and walking-around life- and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him." Romans 12:1 (The Message)
Ladies the response of "embracing what God does" must come from a surrender of our lives to Him. We relinquish our rights and expectations to the Lord knowing that He will provide for our every need. And trusting that even in our "wants" He will either change our hearts or bless us and in both ways we will be blessed and bettered.
I am really learning to not just love Him but, to know Him! There is a difference, now don't get me wrong loving Jesus is amazing but, truly knowing Him is unexplainable. Trusting in the wonder working power of His name to me is embracing the life He has made for me and me alone!!
Embrace Him, Love Him, Know Him!!
9 years ago

4 comments:
So, as I am reading this, I am also listening to a Shane and Shane song and the main lyric is "I want to know you!" Ironic?! I think not.
And praise him for making OUR best, HIS better. (AHHHH..I can't think of what song that is...help me!)
Okay, love you!! :)
Thanks for the "word" today!
The song i think you're thinking of is the one i sang in pagent...Watermark "Mended" and it says "You give us your best for what we thought was better and you're to be praised(x4)!!
I love you!! I miss you! I can't wait to see you!! I think about Katy Mills daily :)
Huge Hugs!!
Well what a wonderful little pick me up! Thank you for your encouraging words. I love you Jo and I am beginning to think that one of your "purposes" during your Montana time is to learn to KNOW HIM more fully! PTL!
oh jo, i just love to read your blog! it's so encouraging. i love you sooo very much and am so thankful to have you in my life!
kisses!
Post a Comment