Friday, August 10, 2007

Sweet Carson


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

I find this verse comforting today in the middle of uncertainty and broken hearts, as most of you know my precious nephew Carson Richardson has been battling cancer for a year now. He is 4 years old and the most amazing little boy i have ever met in my entire life. I love this little guy like hes my own.
Last August he was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer( a very rare form of cancer). He began going through chemo and never missed a beat. I mean everything that chemo usually does to people never happened to Carson. You would never know by just looking at him that he had a mean thing in his precious little body. After many blood test, numerous rounds of chemo and different medications this was all fighting his cancer. With millions of people praying for Carson(parents: Ryan and Kimberly and 5 year old big brother Collin) his AFP(cancer #) finally began to decrease from over 60,000 to the "normal" which is 4-5. I mean it was amazing, the Lord did some miraculous things through this little guy. My favorite part about Carson, well i can't say just one :) But, truly this 4 year old loves Jesus with all of his heart, and the boy can sing you just about any song and loves to!!

Over the months of Carson being cancer free they still had to go for blood work and scans etc. and at one of those appointments the cancer Numbers were again raising and the most recent number is back in thousands. Needless to say everyone is sad but, at the same time Carson sweet parents are fighting and they're ready to fight once again!

Today he went in for scanning to figure out where the cancer is and it has been spotted in his lungs. His liver looks clear and so do the bones, which we're thankful for.

I write this to ask for prayer that doesn't cease! I believe that if those who are called by his name bow before His throne crying out, He hears us and He is powerful enough to deliver Carson!! Of course we don't have the answers and we have no idea what is ahead of this dear family but, i do know that we serve a mighty God, and He promises to be faithful.

I ask that tonight as you read this and as you go about your daily lives that you would pray for Carson and his family. Write their names on a note card :)

Thank you for your prayers and your hearts that love the Lord. You can visit his caring bridge site to keep up daily...www.caringbridge.org (you would type Richardson, in the box)


Trusting in His Power,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying Jo...remember God is faithful! Love you!

Elizabeth

Jenny said...

I am praying for your precious Carson! I love you lady!

Lindsee Lou said...

Know that I am praying for sweet Carson. Especially after seeing his precious little self at the wedding!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your sweet Carson!! I have also posted a blog on my webpage about him and for everyone else to pray for him as well.
I love you Jo!

Michelle

Dana said...

Praying for Carson, so glad you are doing well!
Love,
Dana