Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer Do's

OK ya'll i have to share a *moment* i had yesterday! In those minutes i wished for my laptop so bad and to be able to take a picture without being completely obvious... i do that sometimes i won't lie! Heaven help me!

So... John has been flying at night the past 2 nights! Which means he is home all day with me and then leaves for work at 7PM! NOT FUN! So yesterday he needed to get his haircut and i decided to go with him...he just goes to the barber shop on base! And honestly i LOVE to go with him, i know that sounds crazy but, i enjoy watching people get their hair cut. HA!

John and I sit down and wait for his favorite hair cut guy, sweet Dustin! And as we sit there the lady beside us tells her little boy (who is all of 7 or 8) that it was his turn to get in the chair! The boy walks over to the chair and hops in it with pure JOY! and i hear the mom say "I know i am going to regret this"! Immediately i thi2nk "has the kid never had a hair cut before, geez lady...calm down"!!! but, then Dustin (hair cut guy) says "are we going to do it"? and the little boys says "yes i want a MOHAWK!!!!!!

Seriously i about fell out of my chair! And the longer i sat and watched the MOHAWK take place the more annoyed i got! I can't imagine letting my precious 7/8 year old get a hair cut like that! The mom kept saying "Its a fun summer cut"!

I whispered in John's ear... "I can' WAIT to blog about this"!! Of course he looked at me like i was a big weirdo!

If you like MOHAWKS I'm sorry! They don't belong on little boys or big boys for that matter :)

Great Falls Montana NEVER ceases to amaze me!!!!

Happy Thursday! How about a summer do???


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heavens!!!!! I would never have allowed my boys to get a mowhawk haircut. It was all I could do to manage a meager smile when they got their heads buzzed (all those beautiful locks laying on the floor of the barber shop!). It takes all kinds though . . . to make up this beautiful earth!!

<3
Sonia

Katie said...

HAHA! That is HILARIOUS! I would have died! I totally agree with you - they DO NOT belong on a 7 or 8 year old boy, or on ANY person for that matter! Fohawk = Cute, Mohawk = Ewww!!