Sunday, August 2, 2009

I *believed*

Well folks here it is Sunday at 3:04PM Montana time and the 5K has come and gone!! I really can't put into words how incredibly *accomplished* i felt and Erica you were right...its such a rush :) I loved every minute of it, even those moments that i thought my legs were just going to fall off! HA! The very best part was the final stretch, hearing the crowd clapping and cheering, it made the whole thing worth it!

John was the best running partner. He never left me and knew exactly when i needed a bit of encouragement :) *sweet thing*!! Although he could have ran on and probably won the whole thing but, he didn't and i sure was thankful to have him :)As we were walking back to the car after we were finished I said "When can we do another one" :) I hope we can squeeze one more in before the Winter comes ( i can't believe its coming so soon!!)

As i said on Friday, yesterday was not about time or competition but, i was very pleased with my time! I crossed the finish line at 37 minutes!!! PTL :) There were times during the run i never thought that finish line would come!


Something that made this run very special to me was something on my left arm. A very sweet patient at the office made me a bracelet that means something so dear to me...it says BELIEVE. It has a perfect pearl bead and a perfect yellow bead. The pearl because i love pearls :) and yellow because that symbolizes "liver" cancer which is what Carson was diagnosed with 4 years ago this month. Most of you know that *believe* is just my word. I love it. But, it means something more to me than just 7 simple letters. It reminds me of Gods faithfulness to our family. It reminds me of his mercy on the days i want to throw up my hands. It reminds me that by His wounds we are healed. It reminds me that He can do immeasurably MORE than we can ever imagine. It reminds me that He is always worth BELIEVING!

I ran for many reasons yesterday! Clearly because i trained hard to be able finish a 3 mile run, i wanted to feel that accomplishment, i wanted the *rush*, i wanted to say i had...and the list could go on and on but, really yesterday for me was about *believing*!! Each time my feet hit that hot pavement i thought about the many "pokies" sweet Carson has had to have, how many days of his childhood have been filled with Dr. appointments, how his whole entire life has had to change... and yet with everyone of those circumstances and more he perseveres... he trusts... he smiles...he loves...he chooses to enjoy life... he impacts every person he comes in contact with... his sweet little 6 year old spirit and heart never gives up...and that why i did a 5K yesterday!!!

I love you Carson Thomas. You have taught me so much! Your sweet heart has forever changed me. I am so thankful that marrying Uncle John meant being able to love you! Thank you for teaching me what it means to keep going and to never give up! You have a very special place in my heart that no one else will ever fit into :) Always know Aunt Joanna always believes...always in you and the amazing plans HE has for you!!!


Now to Him is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us. Espesians 3:20

8 comments:

Blissfully Enamored said...

what an inspirational post!!!! i am so excited about you and that 5k! i would have died! congrats sweet joanna!!!!

Erica said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you - such a great accomplishment made all the more sweet because you were able to honor God and your family (especially sweet Carson) through it. You'll cherish all these memories for a long time. Great job, Joanna!!

P.S. Can't wait to see those pictures! ;)

Jaclyn said...

this post made me cry.....
i am so impressed with you...i dont think i could run a block right now! :)

love you!

Liz said...

Way to go girl! I am so proud of you!

Love ya!

Liz and Paul Holton said...

Joanna!
I am so proud of you for finishing that race and what a great accomplishment...for running and believing God the whole way and doing it for your nephew. My husband and I will continue praying for precious Carson and your family!
This was a beautiful and inspirational post!!!
~Elizabeth

Jon and Sally said...

I am SOOO proud of you Jo! I remember not long ago talking about our "goals" in running!! I love that you DID IT!

I miss you & I just plain wish I was better at keeping up. I think about you a lot still! And that Carson too!

Love!
Sally

Brittney said...

this was just so amazing Jo! so inspiring indeed... that little boy is lucky to have an Aunt like you :)

Courtney Moore said...

oh GIRL i'm so proud of you! This post made me tear up ... I miss you and really need a good chat with my favorite JO! LOVE YOU!